In partnership with NASA, the Virginia Commercial Space Flight Authority and Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport (MARS) is proud to offer full-service launch facilities for commercial, government, scientific and academic users both foreign and domestic.
Our mission is to provide low-cost, safe, reliable, "schedule friendly" space access. Today, amidst development and expansion to meet tomorrow's needs for our business partners, MARS continues to operate a multi-user spaceport at the NASA Wallops Flight Facility located on the Eastern Shore of Virginia.
VCSFA MARS Missions
- ORS-1: Operationally Responsive Space (ORS) mission launched from MARS Pad 0B on June 29, 2011 at 2309 EDT.
- Antares Test Flight: Antares-Cygnus launched to orbit from MARS Pad 0A on April 21, 2013 at 1800 EDT.
- LADEE: Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer launched to the Moon from MARS Pad 0B on September 6, 2013 at 2357 EDT.
- Antares Demo Flight: Antares-Cygnus launched cargo to the ISS from MARS Pad 0A on September 18, 2013 at 1058 EDT.
- ORS-3: Operationally Responsive Space (ORS) mission launched from MARS Pad 0B on November 19, 2013 at 2015 EST.
- Antares Orb-2/CRS-2: Antares-Cygnus launched cargo to the ISS from MARS Pad 0A on July 13, 2014, at 1252 EDT.
- Antares CRS 3-8: Antares-Cygnus critical cargo resupply missions scheduled to launch to the ISS from MARS Pad 0A.
Read WTKR Interview
Future of Space Travel from Wallops Island Looks Bright
February 28, 2014
Launching rockets from Wallops Island is a big deal in Virginia now. But the possibilities that exist for space travel in the near future could be an even bigger deal.“We have developed a space port..More InfoWallops Island: A hub for space flight in Virginia
January 10, 2014
Norfolk, Va. – More and more people are coming to Wallops Island these days to experience space travel up close and personal. “They played an important part in getting the space program..More InfoU.S. Air Force Successfully Launches The ORS-3 Mission to Orbit from the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport in Virginia
November 19, 2013
Governor Bob McDonnell tonight congratulated the Department of Defense and Orbital Sciences Corporation on launch of the ORS-3 Mission from Virginia's spaceport, the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport..More InfoOrbital Successfully Launches Cygnus Spacecraft Aboard Antares Rocket on COTS Demonstration Mission to the International Space Station
September 20, 2013
(Dulles, VA 18 September 2013) – Orbital Sciences Corporation (NYSE: ORB), one of the world’s leading space technology companies, today announced that it successfully launched its..More InfoOrbital Successfully Launches the Antares Space Launch Vehicle from Virginia to the International Space Station
September 18, 2013
Orbital Successfully Launches the Antares Space Launch Vehicle from Virginia to the International Space Station RICHMOND - Governor Bob McDonnell today congratulated Orbital Sciences..More Info